You are what you think.
You are what you eat.
Laetitia is a French artist and model. She started ballet at age 3 and joined the prestigious ballet school of the Opera National De Paris when she was 9 years old only. Her dance education led her to perform with various National Ballet companies in Europe. Adding acrobatics to her skills, she pursued a successful career worldwide as a physical performer and aerialist. Besides performing, Laetitia is a certified and registered yoga teacher and a personal fitness trainer. As a model, she was published multiple times in international magazines—seven front covers—including the famous Playboy.
Could you describe your background in a few lines?
I come from the world of classical ballet; that's where it all started at the age of 3. Ballet taught me self-discipline, perseverance and determination. These important life values are helping me not only in my professional life but also in my personal life.
You are very present on social media. Is there something that can't be seen via a screen?
Yes, I keep my daily morning and evening routines to myself; I start and finish the day with breathwork—so-called in yoga pranayama. This practice is essential to me as it helps me reconnect with my body each day.
To reach your elite fitness level today, would you say you are more an 'extreme doer' or someone who does a little every day with consistency?
During my school years, it was definitely both! Right now, it's all about consistency—not quantity—and I have to say: it works! You would be impressed to see the results you can get from only five minutes per day of abs training. Try it!
Can you tell us more about your diet and self-care habits?
In terms of food intake, I practice the 80-20 rule. This means that 80% of the time, I eat a clean and lean diet, the other 20%: whatever makes me feel happy! I found it extremely important to have that balance to maintain my body at its top shape all year long. Regarding supplementation, I do 'help' my body with many natural supplements. Here is my daily supplementation regimen:
- A multivitamin
- Milk thistle
- FLEXIBLE: Glucosamine, MSM, bromelain and collagen peptides.
How much of your flexibility is due to your classical dance background? How did you craft this body?
My flexibility practice did start with ballet. But at the age of 15, I had a dance teacher who introduced me to yoga to stretch and prepare my body prior to ballet classes. Since then, yoga has been a big part of my stretching routine. I found that it's a much healthier way to stretch for me. It's much more 'organic' as none of the stretching in yoga involve turn-out positions, which reduces drastically unnecessary torsions in knees for example.
Although you look ageless, are there new challenges that come with the years—and the natural decline in collagen production— regarding flexibility and fitness?
I definitely need a lot more time to prepare and warm up my body for extreme poses. I am becoming much more aware of my joints and tendons by taking it really slow and gentle. I don't feel like I am losing flexibility as I am constant with my stretching practices, but maybe that's also because I am helping my body with supplements like FLEXIBLE.
Apart from being a dancer and performer, you travel the world as a model. You look incredibly comfortable in your body. Is there anything you had to overcome to become such at ease?
Modelling has become my main job. I have been at ease with modelling from my first photo session. I guess that's because I have been in sync with my body since a young age.
Do you think beauty is innate or acquired?
I think beauty is about loving yourself and your body first. It's about accepting who you are and not comparing yourself to others. It's about truly believing that you are beautiful. You are what you think. It's all in the mind.
What would you tell your 15 years-old self before she starts an international career?
Follow your dreams no matter what others say or think!
Laetitia is one of my myths!
I deeply admire her.